Applications for STEAMhouse Phase 1.5 are now open!
You will find full details of the programme, the different strands and eligibility in our Info Pack HERE. Please read through carefully before applying.
Follow THIS LINK to be directed to the Application Form.
We strongly recommend you come along to an Open House Tour or attend an online ‘Making an Application’ workshop before applying. Dates and booking information can be found on the Events page on the STEAMhouse website.
The application deadline is at 3pm on the last day of every month. We aim to contact all applicants within three weeks with a decision.
Inevitably our programmes have been affected by the COVID-19 lockdown, but we are still accepting applications and supporting members through online activity.
To apply you need to complete a registration form. In the form you will be asked to write a short proposal which explains what you want to do at STEAMhouse and how it will enable you to develop your business.
Our selection panel meets each month to assess applications. Each month we recruit a cohort of up to 20 new members across the Open and Product strands.
We are interested in ideas at all stages of development from concept onwards and so recognise that some proposals will be highly speculative at application stage. When reviewing applications, we assess all proposals against the following areas:
- Creative Potential: How creative is the idea? Is it underpinned by research? Is there evidence of track record and/or prior creative development?
- Innovation Potential: How innovative is the proposal? How likely is it that new thinking, knowledge or products will emerge?
- Concept Validity: Is there evidence that users, customers or clients want the proposed product or service? Is there any market knowledge or analysis?
- Digital Development: What could the use of digital technologies enable? Has the business identified how digital processes could support development?
- Business Development: Is there a business vision? Has the applicant identified their business development needs?
- Impact: What is the potential impact of STEAMhouse’s support on the business? Could the project impact more widely – on the sector or society? Will the business contribute to STEAMhouse and its community?
Where possible we want to help, but we receive more proposals than we can support. If your application is not successful, we will try to either offer advice on how to develop it ready for resubmission, or suggest one of our Pre-Programme workshops or signpost you to other support available locally.
Not quite sure yet? Send us an enquiry via our get in touch page here.
Follow STEAMhouse on: