Keep Me Informed
You've recieved an email!
Please check you inbox for the email containing your chosen tool. If you can't see it, try checking your spam folder, just incase.
We're always keen to hear your stories about how our tools and methods have inspired new ideas, sparked your creativity, or helped you develop new products and services. feel free to share your experiences on socials or send us a message at email@example.com
Thursday 16 March 2023
14:00pm - 16:00pm
STEAMhouse, Belmont Works, Cardigan St, Birmingham B4 7RQ
Burley Law Limited – IP 101 for Entrepreneurs: A Beginner’s Guide to Intellectual Property Management- 16th March – 14:00 -16:00
Are you an entrepreneur, start-up or scale-up business who’d like to understand more about your business’s IP?
Join us for an interactive and informative workshop where you will learn what IP is and how to identify, manage and commercialise the IP within your business.
The session will include a case study entitled ‘Things I Wish I Knew Before Starting My Business’.
We will also cover the following subjects:
1. What is IP?
2. How you can protect your IP (businesses and individuals)
3. Non-Disclosure Agreements
4. Trade marks, Copyright, Patents, Design Rights, Confidential Information and Trade Secrets
5. Contracts: Employment Contracts, IP Assignments, Licences
6. Managing Your IP: Learning how to identify, keep track and handle the administration of your Business IP.
7. Commercialising Your IP: Licences, IP Assignments, Royalties
Who should attend:
This workshop is suitable for SMEs, Sole Traders, Artists, Product Designers and Developers who would like to learn about what IP means for them and their business goals.
What skills will I learn?
• What is Intellectual Property
• How to identify and get the most out of the IP in your business
• IP as an asset: How you can commercialise your IP and/or get investment ready
About the Facilitator
Des Burley is a Director of Burley Law and IP Solicitor with over 20 years legal experience. He has advised Universities, start-ups, scale ups, university spin-out companies, and various businesses looking to secure and commercialise their IP. He has helped countless clients secure their IP by conducting IP audits, drafting contracts and licences and registering trade marks and design rights. Whether your business is just starting, growing, or preparing for investment, Des and his team offer expert IP and commercial advice to businesses at every stage of their journey