Keep Me Informed
You've recieved an email!
Please check you inbox for the email containing your chosen tool. If you can't see it, try checking your spam folder, just incase.
We're always keen to hear your stories about how our tools and methods have inspired new ideas, sparked your creativity, or helped you develop new products and services. feel free to share your experiences on socials or send us a message at email@example.com
Thursday 30 March 2023
10:00am - 11:30am
IP Essentials for SMEs: Understanding and Managing Your Intellectual Property (Online) – Thursday 30th March – 10:00
The session will include a case study entitled ‘Things I Wish I Knew Before Starting My Business’ for some useful tips.
We will also cover the following subjects:
1. Managing IP within a Business
– Identifying your business IP: IP Audits, searches and due diligence
– Trade marks and protecting your business and brand identity
– Protecting your ideas and products: Patents, Design Rights, Copyright
2. Ownership and disclosure of IP within a Business
– Employment Contracts: IP and Confidentiality Clauses
– Working with Consultants: IP Assignments and Licences
– Interns and Volunteers: NDAs, Volunteer and Internship Agreements
3. Commercialising Your IP
– Trade marks, copyright, patents and design rights
Who should attend:
This interactive workshop is suitable for SMEs, Sole Traders, Artists, Product Designers and Developers who would like to learn about what IP means for them and their business goals.
About the Facilitator
Des Burley is a Director of Burley Law and IP Solicitor with over 20 years legal experience. He has advised Universities, start-ups, scale ups, university spin-out companies, and various businesses looking to secure and commercialise their IP. He has helped countless clients secure their IP by conducting IP audits, drafting contracts and licences and registering trade marks and design rights. Whether your business is just starting, growing, or preparing for investment, Des and his team offer expert IP and commercial advice to businesses at every stage of their journey.